Submitted by Sandy Meyer, OFA Member Services Representative
- A warm welcom to our new area Policy Advisory Council Representative Henriet DeBruin.
Henriet can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAST CHANCE to participate in the Integrated Pest Management Course at NO CHARGE! Details below, register ASAP!:
Thunder Bay – Wednesday, March 15, 9:00am
Rainy River – Thursday, March 16, 9:00am
Kenora – Friday, March 17, 9:00am
As of August 31, 2016, under Ontario Regulation 63/09 of the Pesticides Act (O. Reg. 63/09), one of the requirements to buy and use Class 12 pesticides is that a person must successfully complete the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Course for Corn and Soybeans and become certified.
Courses are offered in either a traditional classroom setting (led by a trained IPM Course for Corn and Soybean Instructor) or online (requires four hours of commitment over two days; high speed internet is required). Marks and certificates will be
mailed to successful participants within 15 business days of course completion.
To register or for more info: www.ipmcertified.ca
- Also coming up is the Grower Pesticide Safety Course. Details below, register ASAP!:
Thunder Bay – Wednesday, March 8, 9:00am – 2:45pm
Rainy River – Thursday, March 9, 9:00am – 2:45pm
Kenora – Friday, March 10, 8:45am – 2:45pm
Location: DrydenPut on through the Ontario Pesticide Education Program, this course is put on for farmers wishing to obtain a Pesticide Safety Certification as well as qualified training.
For more info: 1(800) 652-8573
To register: www.opep.ca, and search your district name
- To help prevent barn fires TBFA has brought in the FLIR camera to help detect hot spots. It is available for use in Thunder Bay area. For more information please contact Sandy Meyer.
- TBFA is planning to have a Farm Safety Day in the near future. Dates and time will be released soon.